i7 7700k temperatures after 4-5 hours of continous gaming

harmeen

Commendable
Apr 3, 2017
Hey all

I have been reading a lot about i7 7700k temperatures as this is the processor i have picked for my build with noctua nh D15 as CPU cooler(No liquid cooling).This is my first build and i am completely NOOB at this. After doing some thinking and reading views and all, i finalized this. Also, I don't plan to upgrade pc for the next 8-10 years so i thought of going ahead with these specs. Please suggest any changes if necessary, i would be more than happy! The full specs are as follows:

Case : Corsair Obsidian 750D Air flow edition
Processor : i7 7700k
Cpu Cooler: Noctua NH D15
Mobo: Asus Z270E Strix
Ram: Corsair vengence LPX 3000MHZ
SSD : Samsung 850EVO 250GB
HDD: 1Tb WD 7200 RPM
1Tb WD 7200 RPM
PSU : Corsair RMX series 650w
GFX: Zotac 1070GTX AMP edition

Query - After seeing people perform tests using real temp or stress testing CPU software to compare temperatures at idle times and load times, I had a question regarding the temperatures at continuous usage, since those results are just limited to the time the CPU was under load(Correct me if i am wrong).
Now if i were to play a game and record it for 4 or more hours straight then wont the temperature increase? And if so then how much more?

Thanks for the reply in advance.

Oh yea one more thing, I live in India and temperatures could go as high as 48 - 49C, and since i am going with an air cooler, i am quiet worried about temperature. :)

Solution
Well, there's the Core i7-7700, but you could also consider a Ryzen 5-1600X. It's cheaper and offers more multithreaded performance.

Then again, temperature measurement and cooling on Ryzen is currently a bit weird, so maybe the 7700 is the safer option for your environment.
Usually the chip will reach its peak temperature fairly quickly. Within minutes rather than hours.

The exception is if you have some problem with getting rid of the heat from the room the PC is in. Then the room would gradually heat up over several hours, and the higher ambient temperature would then also make the CPU run hotter.

harmeen

Commendable
Apr 3, 2017

I see. Then i think i will go with a non "k" CPU instead. Can you recommend me any non "k" processor? for some heavy multitasking,(recording gameplay1080p @ 60FPS)

Thank you!

Well, there's the Core i7-7700, but you could also consider a Ryzen 5-1600X. It's cheaper and offers more multithreaded performance.

Then again, temperature measurement and cooling on Ryzen is currently a bit weird, so maybe the 7700 is the safer option for your environment.

Solution

harmeen

Commendable
Apr 3, 2017

Ok i think i will go with the non "K" then. Thanks for the help :)