i7 7700k temps higher than usual

lakshman.chelliah

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Hi,
Recently I have been seeing temps higher than usual. My normal idle temps are 28-34 but, for some reason it’s now 45 degrees.

Any reasons why?

I check my pc weekly for dust and I have not overclocked.

Btw. I am using some shit thermaltake cpu fan... will be upgrading to Cryorig H7

Thank you

Solution
- Thermal paste?
- Have the cooler for some reason come loose maybe?
- 110% sure the fan is working correct? has the same RPM as before?
- Temps inside the case are the same as before?
- Your Vcore setting. Are they the same or have they changed? (BIOS update, wrong tweak of a setting)

Go over this points and let us know when you have and the result.
- Thermal paste?
- Have the cooler for some reason come loose maybe?
- 110% sure the fan is working correct? has the same RPM as before?
- Temps inside the case are the same as before?
- Your Vcore setting. Are they the same or have they changed? (BIOS update, wrong tweak of a setting)

Go over this points and let us know when you have and the result.

Solution
Its listed right over my CPU-Z validator: Custom water loop.

Running a Hardwarelabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480mm radiator with 8 x 120mm fans in push/pull for very low rpm (around 500 rpm) for total silence.
D5 waterpump since it is less noicy and dumps less heat than a DDC pump back into the waterloop
Ek Supremacy Evo waterblock.

On top of that I have delided the CPU to apply liquid metal + removed the black silicone to bring the IHS closer to the CPU die.

Right now at idle its sits at 21 - 24 degree celcius. With the water @ 19 degree celcius and that is 1 degree over delta and I have yet to pass 3 degree delta under full load for extended time. Max temp I get is around 50 - 55 degree celcius depending on ambient tempratures.

Used Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut between CPU die and IHS.
Used Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut between IHS and waterblock.

But temps will go lower once my buddy gets done making the bracket so I can run a naked die contact with no need for the IHS.

But as a sidenote. Lets not highjack the thread for lakshman.chelliah