i7 7700K Temps with H100i V2

basha11

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2013
Recently build a PC with i7 7700K, Asus Z270F mobo, H100i V2 Liquid cooler, Corsair 570X cabin
My mobo has AIO PUMP Header. So, i plugged H100i V2 pump connection in it.
And Both stock fans of H100iV2 into CPUFAN, CPU OPT Fan headers & CLink into usb 2.0 header.

Its fixed on the top of case. Fans below the radiator.
Tweaked fans to max & pumping speed to max.
Everything OK except temps.
Temps are like this:
42-50 in normal
upto 70-75 in gaming

Changed the connections , Pump conn to cpu fan header and fans to liquid cooler connections itself. No change in temps.

I didn't used external thermal compound.

Any solutions are appreciable .. Thanx..

Solution
I have my 7700K at 4.8GHz and the max temp I hit in games is 70c, I had the same issue as you when I first got mine, I was hitting 85c at stock frequencies.
Have you downloaded the Corsair Link program? You can download it from here
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/corsair-link-dashboard#page=download
After installing it, make sure your H100i is being recognized and set the profile on it to whatever you want. After I did this, I heard the pump in my H110i GT ramp up and the fans started spinning a bit faster and my temps went down by about 15c.

If you already have done this, I would suggest;
1. Checking what voltage your CPU is set at in the BIOS, for some reason a lot of motherboards set the voltage too high and that causes...

basha11

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2013

NO OC DONE.
NO TURBO.
I mean, i used pre applied one itself.

NGX

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2013
I have my 7700K at 4.8GHz and the max temp I hit in games is 70c, I had the same issue as you when I first got mine, I was hitting 85c at stock frequencies.
Have you downloaded the Corsair Link program? You can download it from here
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/corsair-link-dashboard#page=download
After installing it, make sure your H100i is being recognized and set the profile on it to whatever you want. After I did this, I heard the pump in my H110i GT ramp up and the fans started spinning a bit faster and my temps went down by about 15c.

If you already have done this, I would suggest;
1. Checking what voltage your CPU is set at in the BIOS, for some reason a lot of motherboards set the voltage too high and that causes overheating.
2. Applying different thermal paste, the stock corsair one is good but I replaced mine with Cooler Master thermal paste.

Hope this helps you out

Solution