I7 7700k temps

Dave1931

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017
I just completed my first build and have a few questions about temps.

1. I have an i7 7700k and kraken x62 and I'm running prime 95 to see if everything is stable. I'm getting a constant temp of 69-70 degrees and from what I've been reading this seems to be high and I should be getting around 62. Is this correct?

2. I'm using the cam software to control fan curve for the x62 and case fans. What do I need to adjust the GPU (ASUS Strix GTX 1080) fan curve?

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Dave1931,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

At the top of all our Forums are "Stickies" which are informative Thread that are permanently "stuck" in place so they're always available as references for everyone's benefit. Near the top of this Forum (CPU's) is the following Sticky:

Intel Temperature Guide - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

You might want to give it a read.

Here's the recommended operating range for Core temperature:

80C Hot (100% Load)
75C Warm
70C Warm (Heavy Load)
60C Norm
50C Norm (Medium Load)
40C Norm
30C Cool (Idle)
25C Cool

Core temperatures up to 80C are safe.

Your highest temperatures will occur when running test utilities. Temperatures are typically lower during real-world everyday workloads such as processor intensive applications or gaming.

Your Core temperatures are fine.

Q What is your ambient temperature?

And once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol:

Dave1931

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017

Thanks for the reply! My ambient temp is 23 degrees and my idle cpu temp is 29 degrees.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Your load temperature indicates that AVX offset in BIOS is enabled and working. As Curlev has mentioned, the recommended version is 26.6, which eliminates the AVX instruction set variables of later versions that can cause unrealistically high Core temperatures and instabilities.

Enjoy your rig!

CT :sol:

TRENDING THREADS