Question i7 8700 and Elgato HD60 Pro

Oct 15, 2019
Will relying only on the i7 8700 work with an Elgato HD60 Pro, considering I only rely on the CPU and have no GPU? And if so what is the best quality I may get for recording and possibly streaming? I am building a mini ITX PC by the way.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're going to have the mitx system do both streaming and gaming, then you're going to need more horsepower from the platform. You're also going to be using up the only slot on the board with the capture card if you're goal is to have one system to do all tasks.

I'd suggest having two system's one for streaming and one for gaming. The streaming system can have a low powered GPU with said processor or something watered down to an i5. The gaming system can be with the i7. Also, AMD's Ryzen would be a good proposal for this build.

Short answer? No, you're going to need a discrete GPU to pair with the Elgato HD60 Pro.

Oct 15, 2019
If you're going to have the mitx system do both streaming and gaming, then you're going to need more horsepower from the platform. You're also going to be using up the only slot on the board with the capture card if you're goal is to have one system to do all tasks.

I'd suggest having two system's one for streaming and one for gaming. The streaming system can have a low powered GPU with said processor or something watered down to an i5. The gaming system can be with the i7. Also, AMD's Ryzen would be a good proposal for this build.

Short answer? No, you're going to need a discrete GPU to pair with the Elgato HD60 Pro.
Thank you for your reply. I apologize for not stating that this is a single pc setup. Unfortunately, I am going for intel motherboards. So would a GTX 1660 Ti and an i7 8700 work with the Elgato HD60S or the newer S+ model? I suppose the HD60 Pro would not work with this setup. I only plan to record or stream console gameplay.