Question i7 8700 high temps

vigannnn

Prominent
Oct 26, 2019
ever since i've updated my BIOS, which is a ASUS H370-I GAMING
temps have been so high when gaming, around 60-70 and even 80, i have a nzxt malta case with liquid cooling installed how is this possible??

i've found what is causing the problem but i need help here, turbo mode & MCE
could somebody explain those two settings that are located in the bios?
turbo mode increases the cpu core but what about MCE, i think that's making the cpu get really hot they are both enabled in the BIOS,
i never checked if they were enabled before i updated my BIOS, idle temps are fine...

If you see all cores at 4.6 GHz at the same time(brief bursts of a single core to 4.6 GHz is normal behavior, but if power budget limit is removed, and thermals allow, MCE will allow all cores to scale to peak turbo limit), then MCE is enabled. If your all-core turbo is several hundred less MHz (3800-3900 MHz or so), than you need not bother searching for MCE.

(I'm not sure if the MCE feature is even on boards other than Z-series...?)

Looking at HWMonitor, what core voltage is applied when you are at peak clock speeds?

vigannnn

Prominent
Oct 26, 2019
If you see all cores at 4.6 GHz at the same time(brief bursts of a single core to 4.6 GHz is normal behavior, but if power budget limit is removed, and thermals allow, MCE will allow all cores to scale to peak turbo limit), then MCE is enabled. If your all-core turbo is several hundred less MHz (3800-3900 MHz or so), than you need not bother searching for MCE.

(I'm not sure if the MCE feature is even on boards other than Z-series...?)

Looking at HWMonitor, what core voltage is applied when you are at peak clock speeds?
1.3 -1.4

vigannnn

Prominent
Oct 26, 2019
Thats pretty high.
what should i do?
when cpu is on load, it goes up to 1.2, 1.3 sometimes 1.4 when i'm gaming
izVviH0.png

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS