i7 8700 vs i9 8600k stock

Solution
Few games can effectively use more than 2-3 threads.
For gaming, 6 threads vs. 12 threads is not that important.
Both chips will turbo to 4.6 so that is a wash.

If you will buy a Z390 based motherboard, it makes sense to buy the i5-9600k.
Overclocking a K processor is a bit misunderstood.
Intel makes the K chips to be overclocked.
They guarantee a minimum level of performance, but the maximum performance can not be guaranteed.
It depends on luck in getting a good chip as well as the adequacy of the cooling system.

The overclocking is as easy as increasing the default multiplier of 37 to a higher number. Perhaps 50 on a good chip.
All other settings can be left at default for conservative overclocks.

What I am saying is that by not...

Lutfij

Titan
It depends on the games you're going to play. If game developers don't ask more from cores of a processor and look at the clock speed, then you're better off with the i5. However you are misinformed to keep those two side by side, since one is an unlocked K suffix processor while the other is a locked variant meaning that the i5 can be overclocked while the i7 can't. you will also not need a Z series chipset for the i7, nor would you need anything beyond a dual channel DDR4-2666MHz ram kit.

Nov 7, 2018
I know that, i choosed the Z because of the 3000 MHZ ..
I know i7 not oC , but you kbow the the oC complicated and not worth it to buy a new pc and start Oc immediatly , so take this into count. And i know that i7 8700 use less cpu usage.

Few games can effectively use more than 2-3 threads.
For gaming, 6 threads vs. 12 threads is not that important.
Both chips will turbo to 4.6 so that is a wash.

If you will buy a Z390 based motherboard, it makes sense to buy the i5-9600k.
Overclocking a K processor is a bit misunderstood.
Intel makes the K chips to be overclocked.
They guarantee a minimum level of performance, but the maximum performance can not be guaranteed.
It depends on luck in getting a good chip as well as the adequacy of the cooling system.

The overclocking is as easy as increasing the default multiplier of 37 to a higher number. Perhaps 50 on a good chip.
All other settings can be left at default for conservative overclocks.

What I am saying is that by not permitting an overclock, you are leaving some 30% single thread performance on the table.
Single thread performance is what most games need .

On ram, intel performance is not particularly sensitive to ram speed.
3000 is fine.
Fancy heat spreaders like the g.skil Z chips are mostly marketing.
To be sold at a price premium.
Ram does not need such heat spreaders at all unless you are a ram overclocker.

Solution