I7 8700 with Gigabyte B360M or Ryzen 2600 with gigabyte x470 Aorus

Jul 14, 2018
Hi guys, I have dilemma here as both cost almost the same, which 1 do you guys things is better?
Want to get it to run for at least 4-5 years :).
Not heavy gamer
Run excels
Run chromes 30-40tabs
Mostly listen to musics, browsing and excel, might let it run 24/7 without closing the pc at all.

Set A:
CPU: i7 8700 (non K)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M
RAM: Apacer 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz

Set B:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: Gigabyte x470 gaming 5/ Asus Tuf x470 plus gaming
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z 8GB 3000Mhz

All pros please help, or choose which 1 do u prefer..
Thanks

Solution
Both CPU's and setups will more than handle your use case without any issues at all. The 8700 would be better at gaming. On the AMD side, you will have a better out of the box cooler and upgradebility though that will not matter in your use case as this is a system for the next 4 to 5 years. For me personally it would be Intel but I am sure others will recommend AMD....Either way you cannot go wrong.
Both CPU's and setups will more than handle your use case without any issues at all. The 8700 would be better at gaming. On the AMD side, you will have a better out of the box cooler and upgradebility though that will not matter in your use case as this is a system for the next 4 to 5 years. For me personally it would be Intel but I am sure others will recommend AMD....Either way you cannot go wrong.

Solution
Jul 14, 2018

Thx mate!!!

One thing I should mention and excuse me if you already have that in mind... try to get 2 x 4GB sticks of RAM instead of 1 x 8GB stick as then you will be running in Dual channel mode which is better and faster for your RAM....You are probably doing this anyway, but just in case...

Jul 14, 2018

Got it bro!, trying to get the 2x4gb if its within the budget =)