i7 8700k 3.7Ghz Cores

thewalleprod

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016
I noticed that my cores are different temps when doing certain tasks. I installed the CPUID HWMonitor to monitor these temps. If I were to do something like open up Chrome the temps would spike for a quick second and then drop down to normal. Normal temps across all cores are 28-30 and that's even for all cores. For my max..

Core 0 : 59C
Core 1: 57C
Core 2: 54C
Core 3: 58C
Core 4: 59C
Core 5: 54C

When I'm monitoring it while it is live, the core temps are all within 1-2 celsius within each other. Maybe i'll see a core or two spike up but return immediately. I tried it under heavy load or while gaming, and the temps were all in the 60s within 3-5 celsius of each other. I had trouble installing the Hyper 212 Evo Cooler on it but I got it to firmly fit on top of the CPU, no wiggle.

Is this normal for the CPU for the core temps to be spread across differently within MAX 10 celsius or no?

Thanks.

Yes, that is what happens in all CPU's and it is perfectly fine. Any task that you do spreads the load across the cores in varying degrees depending on the task and each core handles the temps according to the workload it gets assigned. That is what usually happens and its what you see in monitoring softwares.
Having said that I am amazed that you are getting that kind of low temps with the Hyper Evo, specially with the 8700k.