Question i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz is is overheating. Need help!

Sep 20, 2019
Over the last few days I have been getting CPU Fan Error in BIOS when launching pc but temps were fine until yesterday. I have tried everything I can thing of to try and fix this. Check if needs thermal paste, check connections, make sure fans are running. But my temps are still well over 90C whilst idling.

The cooler I am using is the MasterLiquid ML120L, please help!

PC SPECS:
Windows 10
I7-8700K CPU @3.7GHz, 3686 MHz, 6 Core(s)
GTX 1080ti
BIOS Version is American Megatrends 2/26/2018
16GB OF RAM

Reactions: Jimmyt2
Sep 20, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Have you verified that the pump of the AIO is working as it should or that there are no blockages?
Pump seems to be running fine, as for checking for blockages, what would be the best way to do that? There is a bit of dust that I just cleaned off with compressed air.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It really has made me thought to stop and make either an entry in the watercooling sticky or just another thread post that walks through this.
I personally would - I'm an avid user of thorough and good guides, especially from experts in fields like yourself.

So whenever it comes up, I can just reference to it for that to cover all of the work without having to explain every tiny detail. One link and done. So your expertise in one sticky can be a great reference point.

People will still ignore and go past it yes, but at least it means users like myself can easily and quickly reference it to posters :)

Sep 20, 2019
I personally would - I'm an avid user of thorough and good guides, especially from experts in fields like yourself.

So whenever it comes up, I can just reference to it for that to cover all of the work without having to explain every tiny detail. One link and done. So your expertise in one sticky can be a great reference point.

People will still ignore and go past it yes, but at least it means users like myself can easily and quickly reference it to posters :)

I appreciate your help, gonna check and see if this is the issue when I get home!