Question i7 8700k and MSI Z390 A PRO issues

Feb 22, 2019
Hi all,
I am building a new PC and the following issue came up. When adding the CPU (i7 8700k) to the motherboard (MSI Z390 A PRO) the raw build won't boot. First I did build everything together and noticed this so started to go back piece by piece until it was only the motherboard and the CPU. When plugging off the CPU power pin or removing the CPU the board is functional, I have used the CPU fan as control device. When adding the CPU back, the power up loop starts again. I have a 750W power supply that should cover the build. Anyone's had similar issues or would might know what could be the cause?

Thanks in advance!

Feb 22, 2019
Yes, Everything was built together at first when I noticed the issue so I removed the SSDs, GPU, RAM, and all connectors except the CPU fan to see the changes. Cannot think of anything maybe the power output is not the correct one for the processor when inserted into the motherboard.

Feb 22, 2019
I'd like to use the MSI Z390 A PRO with an i7 8700k, 1080Ti and 16GB RAM. The PSU is a 750W Antec which should be enough for the build.
Tried the 4 pin/8 pin option for the CPU on the motherboard but in both cases I've gotten the power up loop.
Could one of the be faulty or is it a power issue?

Feb 22, 2019
Anyone has an idea what could be the problem? Please let me know what other information would be helpful.

Thanks!