[SOLVED] i7 8700k Asus Rog z390 Gaming E drivers? PCI to PCI bridge?

sk8ernut.dw

Prominent
Dec 8, 2018
Anyone know the latest update for Chipset drivers for Asus Rog Strix z390 Gaming E? I know people rely on ASUS support to download drivers? I noticed in bios that I cannot access Boot Priorities so I assume that I would need a bios update? I am a fan of flashback bios update button but this one doesn't? I can't seem to find a proper bios step by step to do this and I know I may have to rename something.

I also need advice on how to properly update bios too if needed. I was told that bios update is not needed if there is nothing wrong but I believe bios update can help things. I plan to reformat. Also, this is what the driver says I need to download. Can someone explain to me what this does?

Pic here https://imgur.com/4CQHYJ6

I understand Bios have Armory Crate APP but I read in several forums saying it has bloatware. Do I really need this for updates or something or naw? I don't wanna use it so I disabled in bios.

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/248827/asus-z390-motherboards-automatically-push-software-into-your-windows-installation

I'm still studying the ASUS Rog manual like it's homework and there are tons of things I never saw before. It's a huge difference from getting used to third generation bios lol!

sk8ernut.dw

Prominent
Dec 8, 2018
I made a mistake this is not a chipset driver. Does this seem to be a driver for PCI TO PCI bridge? Is this a proper driver for the z390? I need to be sure. I plan to reformat. I need some confirmation if this is a proper Intel driver? It is provided by Intel. I use Driver Easy for scanning recently updated drivers and it's a trusted software I purchased. I do use ASUS website also if needed. Any advice?

sk8ernut.dw

Prominent
Dec 8, 2018

I disagree because those drivers are for 5th/6th chipset PCI bridge drivers. What doesn't make sense is my motherboard has a 300 series and it's the 8th/9th generation so why would a PCI bridge need 5/6th?

I have an i7 8700k and Asus Rog Strix z390 Gaming E motherboard. I believe you are mistaken. I even downloaded Intel driver assistance to see if I need drivers and it says there is no software needed. Even downloaded ASUS drivers. No bios update needed though as much I wanted to. Why are you saying these are chipset drivers? This can't be related to my motherboard. The picture does clearly say Intel Xeon E3 1200/1500v5/6th Gen Core PCIe controller (x16) 1901? This doesn't seem to be related to my motherboard?

I have an i7 8700k and an ASUS ROG STRIX Z390 Gaming E. Perhaps someone else can clarify this and clear this issue up. I notice some of the Driver Easy software programs claim one driver is not up to date but the driver version is the same but the date is different. I am sure Driver Easy software isn't a scam but I researched and some say Driver Easy is bloatware. Funny I disagree but I paid money for it. Would like to have my PCIe controller updated but should I not trust Driver Easy or is there a 100% accurate way to see what needs to be updated? I ran everything I need to check. Post away, please. I would like some help and guidance!