I7 8700k at 4.8GHz liquid cooling

Oct 24, 2018
Hey
Was going to buy a i7 8700k or maybe a 9700k... PROBABLY 8700K more likely...
So I am gonna overclocked it to 4.8ghz or 4.7 on all cores... So can anyone Plz Plz Plz reccomend a good aio liquid cooler for keeping it cool under 70C...?? Plz don't reccomend CORSAIR becoz I hate those...

Spinachy

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
This recent article has reviews of closed-loop coolers :https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpu-coolers,4181-2.html

Note that not all CPU chips overclock to the same extent - It depends on "luck of the draw" as to whether you get one that can overclock well, or not. Also, in a multi-core cpu, some of the cores may overclock more than other cores.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I do all the cooler reviews for Tom's Hardware but most notably the ones in the past 12 months.

Just curious what you have against Corsair coolers? My recommendation would be the Corsair H100i Pro or the Cooler Master ML240R if you feel you have to have an AIO. Otherwise, there are a lot of very good air coolers.

Please also remember that you might not reach 4.7 or 4.8ghz...it depends on much more than just what cooler you buy. In fact, very little.

90% or more is the quality of the hardware you have and your ability and knowledge to manually alter BIOS settings to work your way to stability at those speeds.