Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyus86

Honorable
Mar 29, 2015
Hello,
I'm selling my 9900k for downgrade purpose and a guy offered me his i7 8700k delidded + money. He said the cpu have some issue, during stress test one core (core #0) temps is more higher than others, like 22-27c more. Delid was done about 1 year ago and he discovered this issue 6 months ago (i attach some screen).
Do you guys know what wrong with this cpu?
He did stress test at stock, BIOS was restored also.
Thanks in advance

Here screen: View: https://imgur.com/a/FOpf7MR

Andyus86

Honorable
Mar 29, 2015
Looks like an uneven or poorly spread TIM. It would be ok if it was like 10 C higher but not like 20 C or more. So, has he tried to replace TIM ? What kind of paste the delidded chip has?
Looks like an uneven or poorly spread TIM. It would be ok if it was like 10 C higher but not like 20 C or more. So, has he tried to replace TIM ? What kind of paste the delidded chip has?

thanks for reply, sadly i don't know how to obtain these information, all i know is delid was done about 1 year ago., was scared for that before get it. But can delid be already like wiped out? If i get it, can i possibly delid it again? (sorry for bad englihs, i hope you undestand what i mean

Depending on how he remounted the IHS you can delid it as many times as you want.

When i did mine a few weeks ago i put some clear nail polish in the corners and then used superglue gel ontop of the nail polish in the corners to reattach it. I used the rockitcool kit with their copper IHS, running 5.0Ghz @ 1.38v idle is around 30c max temps with OCCT is 56c

thanks for reply, sadly i don't know how to obtain these information, all i know is delid was done about 1 year ago., was scared for that before get it. But can delid be already like wiped out? If i get it, can i possibly delid it again? (sorry for bad englihs, i hope you undestand what i mean
If you cannot obtain such info, don't proceed the exchange. Some people don't even bother remounting the IHS and just lock the processor in the socket with the mounting mechanism. That way, you can replace the TIM as many time as you like. If it glued, then the only way is to delid it again with a proper tool. The TIM that Intel uses is not the same with the common pastes you buy on the market. It is meant to sustain and have durability against time. Common pastes on the market will dry out much sooner, so depending on the paste used below the IHS, it may need to be replaced already.
If you are inexprerienced with such things, don't go on with the exchange. You can always sell yours and buy a used 8700K that is not delidded

Depending on how he remounted the IHS you can delid it as many times as you want.

When i did mine a few weeks ago i put some clear nail polish in the corners and then used superglue gel ontop of the nail polish in the corners to reattach it. I used the rockitcool kit with their copper IHS, running 5.0Ghz @ 1.38v idle is around 30c max temps with OCCT is 56c
Awesome temps

Status
Not open for further replies.