Question I7-8700K high temperature without load

Jun 6, 2021
Hi guys
I have a problem with my 8700k. Without load (2-9%) it has somewhere arond 45-50 degrees. I'm cooling it with kraken x52. I thought that it can be a problem with my motherboard which is Asus Maximus X Hero. I turned off asus mce but the problem still exist. Any ideas what can I do about it? On other setups I have seen 20 degrees but idk if its after using liquid metal.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What sort of ambient room air temps are you experiencing? Not all setups are the same. Mind sharing the BISO version for your motherboard at the time of writing? You would also need to state the version of your OS. We're on version 21H1 for Windows 10. As for the cooler, since when have you been experiencing the issue?

Up to a 9% load running constantly can cause 45-50c temps easily as the AIO can eventually become heat saturated depending on room temps.

Have you adjusted fan speeds on the AIO ?

What is running thats keeping the CPU working between 2-9% ?

Have you made any Windows Power Plan changes ?

Jun 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What sort of ambient room air temps are you experiencing? Not all setups are the same. Mind sharing the BISO version for your motherboard at the time of writing? You would also need to state the version of your OS. We're on version 21H1 for Windows 10. As for the cooler, since when have you been experiencing the issue?

Bios version: 2603
Windows: 21h1
Since the beginning I have a problem with this setup so maybe around 2/3 years. I know that that are safe temperatures anyway so I didn't have a problem with it
In my room I have temp somewhere around 21-30 celcius

Jun 6, 2021
Up to a 9% load running constantly can cause 45-50c temps easily as the AIO can eventually become heat saturated depending on room temps.

Have you adjusted fan speeds on the AIO ?

What is running thats keeping the CPU working between 2-9% ?

Have you made any Windows Power Plan changes ?

I have my fans set at 50% because cam is registering bad temperatures. Hwinfo and msi afterburner are showing 70 celcius when nzxt cam shows 55
No, my windows is on balanced power plan, I've tried to set it on power saving and it fixed my cpu clock but not temperatures

TRENDING THREADS