Question I7 8700k idle temp!

Feb 11, 2021
Hi! My cpu idle temp is 36c and system temp is 42c. I wonder is it ok cpu frequency 4300.95mhz and ram frequency is 2400.0mhz cpu voltage 1.2 and same goes to ram in winter? Cooler stock intel fan !!!!

And sorry for English!

Lutfij

Titan
The temps look fine by me. For the sake of relevance, what are your ambient room air temps? What are your temps at load? Wait! How on Earth did you get a stock cooler with that processor? The processors in the K suffix don't come with a stock cooler from intel since the 6th generation of processors.

Make and model of your motherboard?

Reactions: CompuTronix
Feb 11, 2021
The temps look fine by me. For the sake of relevance, what are your ambient room air temps? What are your temps at load? Wait! How on Earth did you get a stock cooler with that processor? The processors in the K suffix don't come with a stock cooler from intel since the 6th generation of processors.

Make and model of your motherboard?
ga-z390 ud and yup the stock cooler don't comewith i7 but stock cooler already i have so i use it for normal use but next weak i will bought hyper 212x cooler

And english isn't my native language!

Lutfij

Titan
What did the stock cooler come with? Since the stock cooler isn't included with an i7 since the 6th Generation of processors, you should not improvise. You should buy a better cooler than a Hyper 212. Where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase?

Feb 11, 2021
What did the stock cooler come with? Since the stock cooler isn't included with an i7 since the 6th Generation of processors, you should not improvise. You should buy a better cooler than a Hyper 212. Where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase?
I'm from Pakistan! The cooler i have is 6th gen or 4th gen stock cooler !but I'm mostly worried about system temp! 42c ???

At idle, with nothing much going on, 10-15c. over ambient is what you should expect.
You are good there.

Nothing wrong with the intel stock cooler, up to a point.
But, if you plan on overclocking or running all cores full out, your temperatures may well go up to 100c. which is the throttle point.

What is the make/model of your case, and what is your fan arrangement?
Any cooler needs a good source of fresh air.

A hyper 212 needs about 160mm to install.
There are better twin tower coolers available if you should need it.
About the best is the noctua NH-D15s.

jamzkang

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2012
At idle, with nothing much going on, 10-15c. over ambient is what you should expect.
You are good there.

Nothing wrong with the intel stock cooler, up to a point.
But, if you plan on overclocking or running all cores full out, your temperatures may well go up to 100c. which is the throttle point.

What is the make/model of your case, and what is your fan arrangement?
Any cooler needs a good source of fresh air.

A hyper 212 needs about 160mm to install.
There are better twin tower coolers available if you should need it.
About the best is the noctua NH-D15s.
Idle temps @ 32C is more than cool for that CPU.
Even water cooled system, don't get there CPU temps any lower than 15C idle....CPUs just do not run that cold.

Intel stock cooler is incapable of cooling i7-8700k down - even at stock settings.
So no - to avoid overheating and thermal throttling, a better cooler is absolutely necessary.
The OP has reported decent idle temperatures on his 8700K using the stock cooler.
Seems to me that he has not yet reached the max point, whatever that is.

But, the real test is what the load temperatures are.
He should run NWmonitor or such and see what the max temperatures really are under load. It would not surprise me if it was 100c. with throttling.
A 100c max is saying that the cpu is throttling, and a better cooler is needed to get the best performance.

TRENDING THREADS