[SOLVED] i7-8700k or Ryzen 7 2700x?

salvipol

Prominent
Feb 27, 2018
Hello everyone!

So soon i want to upgrade my CPU since i started to stream my CPU is not enough :(

PC Specs
i7-7700k
MSI z270 SLI PLUS
32gb ddr4 ram 3200
gtx 1080 seahawk

So here comes the questions most of the games im running they on settings medium high..... some of the games i have on low settings since in some games i dont like the way the look on high settings.... ( Everyone wants to set game to look as they want ) so anyway
using this PC @up on obs settings i have my CPU to use Preset VERYFAST and i am obtaining 98% of the time 144+ FPS but with the preset set to VERYFAST my stream looks pixelated sometimes and gettin blurry and would love to make it look better but the CPU is not enough...

My friend is streaming to and he owns same gpu but he runs at 2700x OC to 4.0ghz and his preset in OBS is set to use CPU MEDIUM and hes stream look perfect no pixelation or blurry video and i would love to achive that as well but when he is starting to stream he is gettin only 100/110FPS in game such as BO4 BLACKOUT while i stream same time same Graphics settings in game nvidia panel etc etc and i am gettin 144 + FPS in 90% of the places there are some places that my fps drops to 110 sometimes even 95 fps

so i need help from someone who know something more about CPU OBS settings etc so i could achive same time when i stream Preset Medium or Fast thats the smallest difference when i checked friend stream on both sets...

should i go straight to i7 8700k or ryzen 2700x ....?

Will i manage on i7 8700k stock or i could OC the cpu actualy since i am using watercooling to hit the 144 +fps while stream on preset fast or just go for 2700x oc it to 4.0ghz and just deal with that massive fps drops whiole streaming to 100/110 fps ....

Solution
Solution

TRENDING THREADS