[SOLVED] I7 8700k Performance Issues

Jan 18, 2019
Hey

I Have A 1080Ti And Recently Upgraded From A i5 8400 To A i7 8700k To Try To Avoid The Potential Bottle Neck On The 1080Ti

After Installing The 8700k My PC Has Been Overall Laggy, Very Light Performance Games Struggle At 30fps And Seem To Have 1-2 Second Input Lag

I Have Checked All Drivers For GPU And Updated BIOS, Temperatures At Idle Sit Around 22 - 27 On Each Core With Not Going Above 60 - 62 On Stress Tests

I Have An Air-Cooled System Currently But Should Be Fine Because Im Not Overclocking The CPU Because My B360m Bazooka Wont Allow It (Got The Unlocked Version For Future)

I Haven't Tried A Reinstall OS Yet But I Dont Want To Rule Out Other Options Before That, Im Also Un-educated On How That Will Fix The Issue, So Please Let Me Know

Ive Also Noticed That In The Benchmark Comparison On CPU-Z The Single Threaded Performance Comes In Around 450 Which Is 100 Lower Than Average Results And Core 2 Seems To Rise To Heavy Load On Light Tasks Around 80% Which Is Weird To Me

Anyways
Please Help Me

Cheers

Solution
You should check which programs are hitting such high usage. As a "desperate" option, you can just format the PC, which will discard any software issues.
Jan 18, 2019
Yes Unfortunately I Have Gone Through And Tested Multiple Power Plans And Edited Individual Options It Sadly Has Not Fixed The Issue, Thank You Though For The Help