[SOLVED] i7-8700K Problems...

chiken_VEVO

Commendable
Sep 28, 2019
Hello everyone. I recently built my first ever PC myself and here are the specs:

-CPU: Intel i7-8700K
-GPU: RTX 2070 Super
-RAM: 2X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3200Mhz DDR4
-MOBO: Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4
-PSU: Corsair TX650M
-HDDs: 2X TOSHIBA DT01ACA200
-SSD: Crucial MX500 250GB

The installation went really well and surprisingly smoothly for my first PC and after ONLY setting up the Date, Time, Boot Drive in the BIOS and installing Windows, I was ready to go...

Unfortunately though, that's when problems started popping up... First of all, the processor's onboard graphics are not listed under the Display Adapters section in Windows's Device Manager. Besides that, both the Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers from Intel's official website and the INF driver ver:10.1.18019.8144-Public from Asrock's Driver/Utility listing for this specific motherboard would not install, but would both display the same error message "Your system does not meet the minimum requirements to run this program".

Finally, after downloading Asrock's Phantom Gaming Tuning ver:3.0.245 and starting the program, I'm pretty sure that my processor came overclocked out of the box, as its BCLK frequency was set to about 200Mhz, while its CPU ratio at x47, CPU Cache Ratio at x44 and CPU Core/Cache Ratio (Offset) at about +0.150V (note that I am not 100% sure of any of these numbers)...

How exactly should I set the above 4 settings so that my processor runs normally as it was supposed to out of the box??

Thank you a lot in advance for any help :)

Solution
For latest drivers for the igp in that 8700K can you also try this,
Intel® Driver Update Utility
will probably also detect chipset and if not having latest might well suggest latest drivers for it

First do what i suggested above.

To mention,when a dedicated gpu is installed is the igp disabled in the bios,why you probably don't see it in the device manager. Want to say it's normal.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
For latest drivers for the igp in that 8700K can you also try this,
Intel® Driver Update Utility
will probably also detect chipset and if not having latest might well suggest latest drivers for it

First do what i suggested above.

To mention,when a dedicated gpu is installed is the igp disabled in the bios,why you probably don't see it in the device manager. Want to say it's normal.

Last edited:
Solution