Question i7-8700k with some Asian text on it

Jun 26, 2019
Hello guys. Recently I've ordered a i7-8700k CPU from local merchant and it had some asian writings on it. I was a little afraid and sent it back.(a lot of strange pc parts are made in there so.. :d) am I stupid?
can you guys specify if everything with this CPu is OK with these numbers?

65043521-488928818578755-7584190174834196480-n.jpg

Jun 26, 2019
The serial and batch number checks out and the label looks normal.
Easiest way to check would firstly be to see if there was a "factory sealed" text sticker sealing the box and then to check the CPU itself and ensure the details are properly engraved onto the CPU.

View: https://imgur.com/a/us5Uf5n

the box was sealed with some sticker and also one more thing that made me to return it was that the box itself was torn just below the area where the CPU is located. in the middle. It was like someone cut out the box. I don't know why.

Jun 26, 2019
Jun 26, 2019
Nope. Only Intel can make those.
Why would you think, it isn't legit?
Here in my country everyone tries to sell shitty pc parts. I don't know why. (i'm from Georgia BTW)
Does there exist different versions of the same i7 8700k?
sorry for such noob questions.
The prices are just so different in different shops sometimes. I just don't get why is there so much difference

Unless you were expecting the product to be opened, then it was a good call to have it sent back. I won't say you're stupid for trying to protect your money's worth.

That being said, you could've taken pictures for us :p

EDIT: Now I see the pic! At work it didn't appear, lol.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019
I think - that's just standard packaging, you're talking about.
hpit-435_hpit_435_01_800x800.jpg
Yeah i think mine was just like this one.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEPh7VV5ido

but it wasn't a clean cutout. It seems that for some reason they tore apart that cutout and it was looking bad. anyway Thank you for your answers guys.

SO does i7 8700k come in different versions or all the CPU-s that say that it's i7-8700k are the same in terms of power and possibilities? I don't mean unlocked and locked versions.

that one more answer and I'm going home :d

Jun 26, 2019
There is one retail version for i7 8700k (SR3QR) and
one engineering sample version i7 8700k (QNMK) - this should not be available.

There are also other similar model versions like:
i7-8700 - with disabled overclocking,​
i7-8700T - low power edition.​
Hey Thank you. great community and ppl in here. )))
I'll keep an eye on those numbers when i
'll buy it.

Most likely this particular CPU was presold and returned to the shop. Eventually this 8700k was not well to overclock and someone sent it back.

Actually there are two versions out there that you can buy:
Tray version (without warranty from intel) , mainly for OEM PC builder (ordering code: CM8068403358220)
Boxed (with 3years of warranty), it comes in a sealed box (ordering code: BX80684I78700K)

both versions without a cooler and technically identical

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019
Most likely this particular CPU was presold and returned to the shop. Eventually this 8700k was not well to overclock and someone sent it back.

Actually there are two versions out there that you can buy:
Tray version (without warranty from intel) , mainly for OEM PC builder (ordering code: CM8068403358220)
Boxed (with 3years of warranty), it comes in a sealed box (ordering code: BX80684I78700K)

both versions without a cooler and technically identical

thank you. that's interesting.
Are those order codes written on a box somewhere as well or I must trust the seller when it says that its for example boxed?

can you give me a link where i can see other intel CPU order codes? specifically I was looking for i7 9700k. Maybe I'll buy that one.

I could only add that, the specific box you got was from the Asian market. Maybe the retailer you used gets the CPUs from a Chinese distributor (Hong Kong or Taiwan, maybe?).

If the box was too banged and it seemed to have been opened (not completely sealed), then you made the right choice IMO.

Cheers!