Question i7 8750h SpeedShift Temperature Problem

May 20, 2019
Hi,
I had already MSI GP72 6QE Leopard Pro laptop. I need a more powerful GPU and I bought MSI GL63 8SE laptop in past week. GP72 has SpeedStep but GL63 has SpeedShift technology. Because of SpeedShift tech, when I playing games or start whatever application, the temperatures suddenly increase and suddenly decrease. The problem was increasing of temperature suddenly, because reached most of the time 80+ degrees. For example, I started Google Chrome, CPU temp increase 48 to 77 in 1 second and decrease 77-50 in 1 second. For gaming, I solved this issue by the activated the vsync in game settings. When I did not activate vsync the problem was occured and this time, not suddenly. The temperature reached, 80+, sometimes 90+ rarely 95 for a long time. What should I do, I am waiting your suggestions. Now I disabled SpeedShift temporarily, until at least I solve. Temperatures was got better. This is so important for me, so I need a certain info I hope you understand what I am expecting to you.
Thanks.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
What frequency is your CPU running at while at 90-95C? Yes those are high temperatures but you are gaming on a laptop with a powerful CPU and dedicated GPU, so you should expect to not experience desktop temperatures. SpeedShift adjusts your idle frequency to lower power consumption and temperatures while not doing anything too strenuous, and increases frequency under load to increase performance. If your laptop is lowering its CPU and GPU frequency while under load I'd suggest contacting MSI about these issues as I assume it is still under warranty.

TRENDING THREADS