i7 8770k, Temperature goes up to 85 C when playing CS GO (Highest settings). Is it normal?

Mar 25, 2018
Hello guys,
This is my Specs

CPU: i7 8770K
Cooler: Corsair H100i v2
Case: NZXT H200i

No overclocking.

So when I am playing CS GO for let's say 30 minutes.
The Highest temperature would reach 85C for like 6-8 seconds. Normally would stay around 60-70.
Sometime 70-80C. Is it normal considering my Cooler is H100i V2?

I use HWINFO to monitor the temperature every 2 seconds and then generate the data via Excel sheets.
The 85C is very rare, a lot of time it will jump into 85C then next 4 seconds drop to 70-60.
What I am trying to say is that it only occurred few seconds for any temperature above 80.
It is a new RIG so I don't think there's much dust.

Moreover, I never installed the Corsair Cooler USB Link, do you think that's why the cooler is not performing well?

Thanks

Solution

And the max vCore? That's actually the more important part.
Higher voltages will give you higher temperatures. So this is pretty critical to understanding the issue. HWInfo will give you vCore readings.
Hi maximax, I presume you mean the 8700K? if so the temps do seem very high for CS GO. What speed is the 8700K running at 4.4GHz or higher? Do a run of CineBench R15 single and multi test runs and let me know the max temp for each run.

Hi my motherboard and CPU are Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - i5-8700K @4.9GHz - vcore is set to an ofset/adaptive vocre mode at + 0.035 which keeps my vcore max at 1.324v and I have set LLC at Turbo. The ofset mode just allows my CPU to idle at 800MHz and then ramp upto 4.9GHz all cores when at load.

Apologies devbiker, I thought you were maximax2!!!!!

Mar 25, 2018

Thanks for the reply. However it is just a bump though and not constantly stick on that temperature.
Do you think its still too much?

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017

And the max vCore? That's actually the more important part.
Higher voltages will give you higher temperatures. So this is pretty critical to understanding the issue. HWInfo will give you vCore readings.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS