[SOLVED] i7-920

Solution
Given that the last non-beta BIOS is dated over 10 years ago, if you haven't been having issues since then and unless your gaming card was also 10+ years old, updating the BIOS now won't change anything.

-Wolf sends
May 22, 2020
At this point and in the absence of issues, absolutely not.
well, i just lost a good vid card is why i m kinda reaching out , not sure why it gave up the ghost. Lost connection, no signal, and checked all these with changes of cables and switching modes on monitor. But like i said it did not effect the pcu at all.

I have an x58 i7 960 still running but retired from gaming. It doesn’t compare to a new Ryzen pc.

I love my old x58 pc and it’s still running fine. I changed the psu in it a few months ago. I’m fond of it for whatever reason, was a great gaming pc for many years. If it dies tomorrow I’d sadly have to let it go. It’s old.

And if yours is running fine then continue to enjoy it. But it’s gaming days are nearly done.

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
For the most part with BIOS updates: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If you aren't already running the latest production BIOS, look at change notes to see if there is anything worth bothering with in there.

Just to add to this, in most BIOS updates there are 0% gains to general system speed. BIOS is your foundation when is comes to compatibility, not system performance(usually).

TRENDING THREADS