I7 930 at microcenter?

RedMonarch

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Ok here's the thing, its not long since i moved to california and i was thinking on buying a intel core i7 930 on newegg, for 290 bucks, but then i realized that microcenter sells the i7 930 for only 200 bucks. So the question is, why does it cost 90 bucks less than newegg?, is it the same cpu or does it have something different?. If its the same im definitely gonna buy one. Thanks.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010

I don't know why they sell so cheap, but rest assured, it's the same CPU.

It depends. Frys will price match it you do it right. If you just go in and say I want to buy a processor, will you match MC's price? They probably won't do it on the processor alone. (not THIS one anyway) Now, if you are buying a high end board, memory, a drive, maybe a PSU, and case.....well let me just throw this out there. If you go in and pay retail price without haggling and working a deal of some kind, you are an idiot. MC has also been doing this price for a long time now, several months. So I am going to say they have a lot of these. They may have got a special price by buying a ton of these things. Now before you all start going on about how the tray price is this and that, and blah, blah, blah, I am telling you that unless you are the senior purchasing agent for Micro Center, you have no way of knowing what they paid for these.