I7 930 temps and new cooler possibilities

archemack

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
Hi everyone. I got a new PC recently and I'm absolutely in love with it. It performs amazing!
My specs are:
I7 930 Overclocked to 3.8Ghz
EVGA GTX 680
3x4gb Kingston Hyper X Ram
Corsair HX750
Samsung Evo 840 250gb SSD
1tb HDD
Arctic Xtreme CPU cooler

I have a slight concern. Under full load my CPU temps reach 70 degrees Celsius. When idling it's around 50-55 degrees. It was 34 degrees outside the other day and my room was fairly hot and my temps reached 80 degrees Celsius. I'm concerned this is a bit too hot for my PC and will shorten it's lifetime (some components are already 4 years old) I have all fans set to run on max power and I've cleaned out my case. My friend suggested to me i water cool. I'm considering the NZXT Kraken x61. It's well within my budget (300NZD) and it has good reviews. The other option is the Corsair H110i GT (Or GTX, not sure what the difference is) what do you think? Should I get one of these coolers? Are my temps too high? Also, how easy is it to fit one of these coolers inside the Dragonlord PC-K62 case?

archemack

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
I'm thinking the liquid cooling because then I have the opportunity to upgrade later on to something that would need better cooling. Basically it would provide a more long term solution

TRENDING THREADS