[SOLVED] i7 950 + 1060 6gb low fps on destiny 2

ben-z

Commendable
Feb 12, 2019
i saw benchmarks that showed this 1060 can get above 60 fps in destiny 2 and most games on ultra setting at 1080p
im on 40 fps avarage on destiny 2

so i just wonder -

if its my i7 950 bottlenecks the gpu?
should i try oc the cpu? considered my 430 psu?
is it a cpu demanding game?
maybe oc the gpu?
so far i have only this 1 game on my pc so didnt test my system on other games

gigabyte ud3r x58
430w antec 80+ bronze psu - 384w from 12v rail
ddr3 2x4 gb 1333mhz
i7 950
1060 6gb

thanx

Solution
thanks very much man i was hoping for reply from 1st gen user
i really wanna oc but i dont know how much power the cpu oc will draw..
what do you say? how high can i oc on this 430 psu in terms of power draw? i have only 1 case fan and 1 ssd and stock cooler. i really new to overclocking but ill look for tutorials.

also, will this xeon be quite good without overclocking?
I wished I could answer both theses questions ^^

1 - i still don't have that x3690 cpu so I could test that. Maybe in a month or 2 i'll get my hands on it...

2 - never bothered with my PSU and W requirements... but I myself got a 550w , plenty of hard drives, a xonar soundcard and never had any problems... you can certainly OC it to 3.5 without any problem...
Feb 13, 2019
i saw benchmarks that showed this 1060 can get above 60 fps in destiny 2 and most games on ultra setting at 1080p
im on 40 fps avarage on destiny 2

so i just wonder -

if its my i7 950 bottlenecks the gpu?
should i try oc the cpu? considered my 430 psu?
is it a cpu demanding game?
maybe oc the gpu?
so far i have only this 1 game on my pc so didnt test my system on other games

gigabyte ud3r x58
430w antec 80+ bronze psu - 384w from 12v rail
ddr3 2x4 gb 1333mhz
i7 950
1060 6gb

thanx

I've got a i7 920 myself, and playin destiny 2 and tested with lots of cards. and at Stock settings, it will bottleneck !

You've got no choice but to Overclock, at 3.8 destiny 2 ran smooth but there are some area that will always go below 60fps like : mars , gambit ...

I've tried to go to 4ghz but didn't succeed yet... D2 is a very CPU demanding games...

Option 1 - Overclock all that you can !

Option 2 - Maybe get that Xeon W3685 6-cores 3.46ghz cpu ? I will very soon myself...

Reactions: ben-z

ben-z

Commendable
Feb 12, 2019
I've got a i7 920 myself, and playin destiny 2 and tested with lots of cards. and at Stock settings, it will bottleneck !

You've got no choice but to Overclock, at 3.8 destiny 2 ran smooth but there are some area that will always go below 60fps like : mars , gambit ...

I've tried to go to 4ghz but didn't succeed yet... D2 is a very CPU demanding games...

Option 1 - Overclock all that you can !

Option 2 - Maybe get that Xeon W3685 6-cores 3.46ghz cpu ? I will very soon myself...
what do you say? how high can i oc on this 430 psu in terms of power draw? i have only 1 case fan and 1 ssd and stock cooler. i really new to overclocking but ill look for tutorials.

Feb 13, 2019

1 - i still don't have that x3690 cpu so I could test that. Maybe in a month or 2 i'll get my hands on it...

2 - never bothered with my PSU and W requirements... but I myself got a 550w , plenty of hard drives, a xonar soundcard and never had any problems... you can certainly OC it to 3.5 without any problem, but that Stock cooler is gonna get in the way.

Reactions: ben-z
Solution

ben-z

Commendable
Feb 12, 2019

2 - never bothered with my PSU and W requirements... but I myself got a 550w , plenty of hard drives, a xonar soundcard and never had any problems... you can certainly OC it to 3.5 without any problem, but that Stock cooler is gonna get in the way.
gonna try 3.5 or 3.7 will check the temps. thanx