Question i7 9700 / GTX 1070 8gb

May 27, 2020
Hey guys I’m having bad performance issues running games with my new PC that I had built. On low settings I’m barely achieving 60fps in warzone where I have seen videos of my card running on ultra and get 100 FPS average.

CPU
Intel Core i7 9700 @ 3.00GHz:

Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

RAM
12.0GB

Motherboard
Acer Nitro N50-600(DCH) (U3E1):

Graphics
ASUS VG249 (1920x1080@144Hz)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (Gigabyte):
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 (SATA ):

447GB Lexar SSD (SATA (SSD)):
Optical Drives
Slimtype DVD A DA8AESH

Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

May 27, 2020
Program called speccy it won’t let me post the link here to show the full statistics
CPU-Z shows it as 8gb I think it’s a bug with speccy as I’ve been reading online.

Also I’m not experienced with computers to know my ram configuration, do you believe it’s a ram issue? Not enough maybe?

Last edited:
May 9, 2020
Not sure whether it's a ram issue or not, but the configuration or placement of ram can have significant effect on performance, for example whether they're 2x8gb dual channel)rams or 1x16gb single channel. Since you mentioned CPU-Z, you can check their configuration and info from 'Memory', and from 'SPD' by selecting each slot there to see if it has any info (no info means no ram in that slot except if it's not inserted correctly and doesn't show, which you could find out physically). If you could upload screenshots to imgur of all those tabs, that would be very helpful.

Motherboard
Acer Nitro N50-600(DCH) (U3E1):
Is your PC an Acer pre-built one? That motherboard name is pointing me to one as such.

Finally, did you install the latest graphics card driver?

May 27, 2020
May 9, 2020
I'm sure there is an increase but normally it's not very apparent when something else is not working as intended. At least you got this part figured out for now.
It's better to place the rams in slots 2 and 4 (counting from left to right), but it probably won't matter much since your rams are 2666mhz and you won't need to use XMP profile.

Putting memory aside, we need to find out if the PC is actually under-performing or not. You can install a program like MSI Afterburner and have it record your CPU/GPU usage and temperatures while gaming then post them here.

May 9, 2020
I recall a similar issue that somehow greatly affected performance with an ASUS motherboard. All I did was go into the bios and did 2 things:
  1. Enabled XMP, which increased the ram speed from 2666mhz to 3200mhz (rams have to be in slots 2 and 4 in the motherboard).
  2. Set the system performance to ASUS Optimal which is like telling the computer to give all the power needed for the PC to do its best, so it's power consuming.
After that, I was getting stable 60+ FPS.
You may wanna try doing the same thing especially if your motherboard offers something like point #2 above.

May 27, 2020
Hmm ok its just weird because ive seen this graphics card run warzone on ultra and get 100 - 110 frames and I can barely get 60 frames with everything off and on low I just don't get it.
Plus the processor I have is a lot better than the one in the video that was getting 110 frames.

Does it matter that my GTX 1070 is a Gigabyte mini its still 8GB

May 9, 2020
Your card and CPU are both good. I just played a Warzone match and I was getting 90+ FPS with a PC that's less powerful than yours (comparison here).
There's certainly something amiss here. Check all the following things:
  • Game resolution should be full HD (1920x1080) and all settings low.
  • In Nvidia control panel under Manage 3D Settings, make sure all settings are set to default, especially DSR should be set to OFF
  • Go to Window settings > Gaming > Captures and set Background Recording to OFF
  • Make sure nothing is getting too hot while gaming (~90+ C)
  • While gaming, open Task Manager and go to Processes. Check Memory, CPU, and GPU usages and see if there's anything other than the game that's using a lot of your resources.
  • This one is unlikely but maybe the integrated graphics is getting used? Check the Display Adapter in the graphics settings menu in Warzone.
One more thing. Install MSI Afterburner and let it record CPU and GPU temps and usage while gaming, then post a screenshot here of the results (something like this).
Hopefully we'll know the cause.

May 27, 2020
I had someone over at Nvidia helping me out ran some benchmark tests and with a logging file and it shows my pc reaching temps up to 93 think we discovered the problem