[SOLVED] i7 9700 struggling to stream warzone

Oct 23, 2020
Whenever i want to try and stream warzone, i drop so many frames on stream, even while encoding through nvenc. i have tried to bring the quality down from 1600x900 @ 59.4 fps to 1280x720 @ 48 fps and it still will do the same thing. its mostly at the part of the game where the plane is loading everything in but my specs, i7 9700 w/ 2070super, shouldnt have this struggle. the cooler on my cpu is a deepcool gammax gt so maybe the cpu could be thermal throttling causing high spikes in cpu usage but other than that i dont know anything. this is my first pc build so im not too good at knowing everything yet, and this makes it very frustrating.

Oct 23, 2020
NVENC uses a portion of your GPU to encode video, maybe try encoding with only your CPU. A good video recording/streaming software is OBS Studio. OBS uses only your CPU to encode.
i stream off single pc, and am having mainly cpu issues so why would i add more stress to my cpu to encode with x264? the nvenc encoder is seperate from the actual gpu

James Eckmeder

Prominent
Oct 23, 2020
i stream off single pc, and am having mainly cpu issues so why would i add more stress to my cpu to encode with x264? the nvenc encoder is seperate from the actual gpu
I'm not sure whats going on then. Your specs should be well capable of streaming. Maybe try getting a capture card and stream from a second PC. Or try to find other sources for possible resolutions.

Oct 23, 2020
I'm not sure whats going on then. Your specs should be well capable of streaming. Maybe try getting a capture card and stream from a second PC. Or try to find other sources for possible resolutions.
its not as simple as getting a diferent pc lol, im not made of money. i know i have good specs and they should be working i just dont know if its thermal throttling or something more internal through software or game