Question I7 9700 usable with a h310m mobo?

Heff_

Reputable
Nov 13, 2020
Hello I am looking to upgrade my CPU as it is starting to not be powerful enough to run modern titles. I have a ASUS PRIME h310m-a r.2.0 motherboard and looking at the compatibility list I found the I7 9700 [non k version] to be the best available. However doing some research there appear to be mixed reports on wether it can run it fine or not. Some saying it runs perfectly fine as long as you don’t overclock it whereas others are saying that during stress it can’t run it properly. Just hopefully wondering what you guys think as I have already bought the CPU and it’s on the way.

this motherboard has very weak VRM , it is not really sufficient to run 8 core i7 cpu to its full potential
(you can encounter thermal throttling and your cpu running at lower boost frequencies under load , or random shut downs even)
(you can try to undervolt your cpu so it draws less power and to achieve lower temperatures on VRM)

Heff_

Reputable
Nov 13, 2020
this motherboard has very weak VRM , it is not really sufficient to run 8 core i7 cpu to its full potential
(you can encounter thermal throttling and your cpu running at lower boost frequencies under load , or random shut downs even)
(you can try to undervolt your cpu so it draws less power and to achieve lower temperatures on VRM)
Damn I’ll stick with my I5 then and hope that I can refund it. Thanks for the response.