[SOLVED] i7 9700k@5ghz high temps?

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
When running say GTA V on 1440p with everything on max incl the advanced maxed, is 72C OK for the CPU temps. I have my CPU watercooled with the Corsair H100X. This is after 1/2hour gameplay. Thanks,

Solution
They guaranteed the OC and resultant stability. They didn't guarantee that it'd be at the best possible vcore, only that it would be viable. 72 is viable. You can contact them, but I don't know how much that will result in. It's your pc, you can change things as you like. For all you know you could drop the vcore 0.1v and still be perfectly stable, maybe not.

Be like calling Ford and saying the air pressure in the tires is too low. You wanted 5GHz, paid for 5GHz, got 5GHz. Not their fault if you aren't happy with the resultant temps. Some things are on you as the buyer. The cpu is well below throttling, working in accordance to Intel design, everything is still within hardware acceptable parameters for the usage.

Some ppl just...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
They guaranteed the OC and resultant stability. They didn't guarantee that it'd be at the best possible vcore, only that it would be viable. 72 is viable. You can contact them, but I don't know how much that will result in. It's your pc, you can change things as you like. For all you know you could drop the vcore 0.1v and still be perfectly stable, maybe not.

Be like calling Ford and saying the air pressure in the tires is too low. You wanted 5GHz, paid for 5GHz, got 5GHz. Not their fault if you aren't happy with the resultant temps. Some things are on you as the buyer. The cpu is well below throttling, working in accordance to Intel design, everything is still within hardware acceptable parameters for the usage.

Some ppl just prefer a stiffer riding tire, but that's not on Ford to deal with.

Solution