Question I7 9700K bottle necking 2070 super?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 5, 2020
Specs:
strix 2070 super
3200mghz 16gb ram
mobo is maximus hero wifi
kraken x63
corsair rmx850

While playing AC origins and even Rainbow Six my cpu is hitting 100% and AC origins stutters. Why am I getting such high CPU usage?

Apr 5, 2020
I dont get what youre getting at. What's wrongs with the benchmark according to it my CPU is doing alright so what in literal hell is wrong with my computer. I've spent hours trying to fix it but nothing works. Could it be a hardware issue or is there something im missing?

dmorisette

Commendable
Dec 15, 2017
I'm also using a 9700k with a 2070S and the pair works super well together for me. I haven't experienced any issues playing AC Odisey (I don't have Origins) pushing a 1440p monitor. I sometimes use V-sync or limit frames to match my 60hz monitor.
I've been folding the last week or so and it has given me a great look at my temps when pushing the computer. Much more intense than just gaming on the hardware, lol. I've upgraded fans and a bit of case modding to improve airflow. Are your temps ok when pushing it hard?

TRENDING THREADS