[SOLVED] i7 9700K build throttling at 5 ghz help?

Dec 8, 2018
i79700k
Thermaltake RGB 1200W Tough Power Grand
Gigabyte z390 Aorus Ultra Motherboard
Asus Cerberus Gtx 1070ti
16 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz RAM
h100i Pro AOI
So I clocked this thing at 5 Ghz in the bios and when I turn on coretemp and task manager I go from 5 ghz to 2.4 all the way down to 800 Mhz then back up to 5 ghz

I am confused on what to do. I have disabled speed shift and C support in bios and have allowed for 1.35 Mvolts. Not sure on what to do.

Solution
I am not too sure what you are saying as the CPU will go to it's max speed 5GHz when under full load and then drop to as low as 800Mhz when there is no load....This is the best setup for the CPU to run dynamically all the way from low to high when needed.

Unless you want to force it to run at 5GHz all the time which I just would not do, then go to power options in Windows and set to maximum performance and fixed multipler to 50 in BIOS and turn of all the C and speed step functionality...
I am not too sure what you are saying as the CPU will go to it's max speed 5GHz when under full load and then drop to as low as 800Mhz when there is no load....This is the best setup for the CPU to run dynamically all the way from low to high when needed.

Unless you want to force it to run at 5GHz all the time which I just would not do, then go to power options in Windows and set to maximum performance and fixed multipler to 50 in BIOS and turn of all the C and speed step functionality...

Solution