[SOLVED] i7 9700k High Cpu usage when gaming

Apr 11, 2020
My Cpu usage is high when playing any game, like modern warfare and Apex legend. the game itsleft use 70-90 cpu usage temp is fine sitting around 50c-62c,
my idle usage or ordinary use like browsing is 5-20 cpu usage.i already try uninstalling gpu driver using DDU twice. i reset it my os twice, update bios, install chipset, using process lasso and set priority to normal or low. i almost try everything i read on the other post. still not working. is newly build pc for my wife, my pc 8700k,1080ti,32gb ram only use 20-50 usage while gaming. i dont know what seems to be the problem on my wife pc. (sorry for bad english)

Pc specs
i7 8700k 5,0 oc
Rog strix RTX 2060 super OC
32gb 3200hz ram

Solution
If we are sure there is no malware or botched OS/GPU and/or chipset drivers/Windows update, etc., (a quick format/'start from scratch' reinstall should eliminate any glitch possibilities of either either), then, perhaps the 9700K's 8 cores/8 threads will simply stay 'very busy' in many games, especially when given a pretty good GPU. Eight threads via 8 powerful cores may not sound like a lot, but, clearly, given the 9700K's measured performance in so many games, it is apparently 'enough'

Unless performance is low as measured in delivered frame rates, I'm not sure how much time I'd devote to worrying solely about a certain levels/ratios of CPU and/or GPU usage...
Apr 11, 2020
I would limit the FPS to monitor refresh rate (vertical sync) and see what it does.
if i limit the fps and put it down like 60, my gpu;s usage will go down and cpu goes to 100%
right now i put the fps to unlimited so the gpu will use all its power. to put down my cpu usage,
so right now my cpu is about 60-80 usage.. but still high.

Apr 11, 2020
any games dude, no backgrounds only game, all core running 100% i tried everything i saw in the internet. i just dont understand why single game using all the power of the cpu. like apex legend, modernn warfare using 70-90 cpu usage,.

Apr 11, 2020
how will i get malware? its bnew pc, its all new and its only 2 day old pc lol! tested the game only windows and graphics driver installed lol! and the game itself use the 60-90% usage. nothing in the background.

If we are sure there is no malware or botched OS/GPU and/or chipset drivers/Windows update, etc., (a quick format/'start from scratch' reinstall should eliminate any glitch possibilities of either either), then, perhaps the 9700K's 8 cores/8 threads will simply stay 'very busy' in many games, especially when given a pretty good GPU. Eight threads via 8 powerful cores may not sound like a lot, but, clearly, given the 9700K's measured performance in so many games, it is apparently 'enough'

Unless performance is low as measured in delivered frame rates, I'm not sure how much time I'd devote to worrying solely about a certain levels/ratios of CPU and/or GPU usage...

Solution