Question i7 9700k in H310M PRO-VD PLUS

xJesserX

Prominent
Jul 6, 2019
hey i ordered new parts for a new pc and i got the i7 9700k and the msi H310M PRO-VD PLUS with no intention to overclock ( Ik i may lose some performance ) and my friend told me you will have problems with pc shutdown and blue screen with high vrm temp is it true ?

the motherboard website says it can accept even an i9

( i already ordered the parts and they are shipped just waiting for delivery

i7 9700k ( with cooler master MASTERLIQUID ML120 )

msi H310M PRO-VD PLUS motherboard

rtx 2060 super

16gb running dual channel

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
hey i ordered new parts for a new pc and i got the i7 9700k and the msi H310M PRO-VD PLUS with no intention to overclock ( Ik i may lose some performance ) and my friend told me you will have problems with pc shutdown and blue screen with high vrm temp is it true ?

the motherboard website says it can accept even an i9

( i already ordered the parts and they are shipped just waiting for delivery

i7 9700k ( with cooler master MASTERLIQUID ML120 )

msi H310M PRO-VD PLUS motherboard

rtx 2060 super

16gb running dual channel
An all-in-one liquid cooler CAN cause VRM overheating problems. No airflow in the CPU socket region. Will you have problems? Unknown. Start conservatively, by running with the side panel off and a desk fan blowing on the motherboard. If that is stable, then close up the case and retest. If it is not stable then you have a motherboard heating problem.

xJesserX

Prominent
Jul 6, 2019
An all-in-one liquid cooler CAN cause VRM overheating problems. No airflow in the CPU socket region. Will you have problems? Unknown. Start conservatively, by running with the side panel off and a desk fan blowing on the motherboard. If that is stable, then close up the case and retest. If it is not stable then you have a motherboard heating problem.
i will use this case will it help ?
https://aerocool.io/product/airhawk-duo/

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS