Ceres_Live

Reputable
Jul 22, 2016
Hi I was wondering what could be the issue and if its normal I have :
CPU : Intel i7 9700k
CPU Cooler: Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim
Case: Cooler master lite 5 rgb with light off due to the temp
GPU: Rtx 1660ti.
And the temp of the cpu while gaming reacher 90 degress celsius.
I keep all programs off when gaming and computer is always clean inside and file way.
Help !

Last edited:
Solution
Hi I was wondering what could be the issue and if its normal I have a intel i7 9700k with a be quiet pure rock slim fan in a cooler master case with 4 fans and I dont know what the issue is I keep all RGB lights off but the temp is scary. I also have a GPU rth 1660ti. What could be the issue?
I keep all programs off when gaming and computer is always clean inside and file way.
Help !
Your CPU cooler is way under powered for that CPU. The Pure Rock Slim is a 120W TDP cooler https://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/688 and the 9700K can pull more than that. In essence a 120W TDP cooler will keep a CPU around 90-100C when pulling 120W. If you go to a Be Quiet Shadow Rock 3 your cooler will move up to 190W TDP and reduce your...
Hi I was wondering what could be the issue and if its normal I have a intel i7 9700k with a be quiet pure rock slim fan in a cooler master case with 4 fans and I dont know what the issue is I keep all RGB lights off but the temp is scary. I also have a GPU rth 1660ti. What could be the issue?
Help !
Your CPU cooler is way under powered for that CPU. The Pure Rock Slim is a 120W TDP cooler https://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/688 and the 9700K can pull more than that. In essence a 120W TDP cooler will keep a CPU around 90-100C when pulling 120W. If you go to a Be Quiet Shadow Rock 3 your cooler will move up to 190W TDP and reduce your temps. That would be the BARE minimum I would use on the 9700K. Going with the Dark Rock Pro 4 will get your a 250W TDP and give nice headroom for you.

Solution