[SOLVED] i7 9700k single thread not turboing to 5.2 ghz

Feb 1, 2022
I have set in my bios for 5.2ghz when 1 or 2 cores under load, 5.1 when 3-5 under load, 5 when 6 under load 4.9 when 7 under load and 4.8 under all cores. i can get up to 5.1 when system doing basic background tasks but when i acctually want to test my temps with 2 cores, it spreads the load (i assume equally) to all other cores too so it assumes im actually using 8 cores instead of 1 or 2. how do i fix this? i assume its a bios setting but cant find out what it is

Solution
Not really, you are using the appropriate controls. Just not that easy to restrict the CPU to only using two cores in a typical setting. If I leave hardware monitor up I eventually will see some of the cores reached the maximum boost clock, probably for very short durations. So depending on what you are using to capture this, not something you can usually see on the fly.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not really, you are using the appropriate controls. Just not that easy to restrict the CPU to only using two cores in a typical setting. If I leave hardware monitor up I eventually will see some of the cores reached the maximum boost clock, probably for very short durations. So depending on what you are using to capture this, not something you can usually see on the fly.

Solution