[SOLVED] i7-9700k under load test temp

May 15, 2020
Hey all, so I just recently purchased a new motherboard and CPU. I am running an i7-9700k at stock with an asus z390-e gaming, and a corsair h115i platinum with fans under rad pulling air through the radiator with my radiator mounted at the top of the case. My idle temps are between 33-45 C depending on ambient temps, and on idle my voltage jumps between .6-1.257v. Under basic gaming loads my temps get to between 55-70 depending on the game. I am currently running an occt test (running the cpu test set for 1 hour) and am about halfway done and my temps on my cpu are reading at 86 C with my aio pump temp reading at 34.6 C. Is This normal? HW monitor shows my voltage at 1.3V and my clock speeds hitting 4.6Ghz with no throttle. I have my AIO set to balanced for both fans and pump(currently fans are spinning at 1450rpm and pump is at 2300rpm). I don't know quite enough about this CPU model to gauge if it is normal and i chose occt after some research because apparently it is the most "realistic" load tester? If it matters as well I am running 32gb ram at 3200Mhz dual channel all in the asus rog helios case with stock fans set to low. More concerned with the high temp under test load, as most of my daily tasks have not come close to hitting 80 C +. Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Hey all, so I just recently purchased a new motherboard and CPU. I am running an i7-9700k at stock with an asus z390-e gaming, and a corsair h115i platinum with fans under rad pulling air through the radiator with my radiator mounted at the top of the case. My idle temps are great (I think), runs between 32-40 C depending on ambient temps, under basic gaming loads my temps get to between 55-70 depending on the game. I am currently running an occt test (running the cpu test set for 1 hour) and am about halfway done and my temps on my cpu are reading at 86 C with my aio pump temp reading at 34.6 C. Is This normal? HW monitor shows my voltage at 1.3V and my clock speeds hitting 4.6Ghz with no throttle. I have my AIO set to balanced...
Hey all, so I just recently purchased a new motherboard and CPU. I am running an i7-9700k at stock with an asus z390-e gaming, and a corsair h115i platinum with fans under rad pulling air through the radiator with my radiator mounted at the top of the case. My idle temps are great (I think), runs between 32-40 C depending on ambient temps, under basic gaming loads my temps get to between 55-70 depending on the game. I am currently running an occt test (running the cpu test set for 1 hour) and am about halfway done and my temps on my cpu are reading at 86 C with my aio pump temp reading at 34.6 C. Is This normal? HW monitor shows my voltage at 1.3V and my clock speeds hitting 4.6Ghz with no throttle. I have my AIO set to balanced for both fans and pump(currently fans are spinning at 1450rpm and pump is at 2300rpm). I don't know quite enough about this CPU model to gauge if it is normal and i chose occt after some research because apparently it is the most "realistic" load tester? If it matters as well I am running 32gb ram at 3200Mhz dual channel all in the asus rog helios case with stock fans set to low. More concerned with the high temp under test load, as most of my daily tasks have not come close to hitting 80 C +. Thanks!
You are likely running AVX load If using small instruction set. This is normal temps for AVX loads.

Solution
May 15, 2020
You are likely running AVX load If using small instruction set. This is normal temps for AVX loads.
Yep, just looked at the screenshots I took, it was small data set running the occt preset using 8 threads, 64mb and AVX2. Stopped it at the hour and temps had gotten to 86 c. One thing I did notice is that after some monitoring, my idle temps are running around 38-40 c. Seems rather warm for an AIO on idle, no?