Question i7-9700k vs i9-9900k temperature under the same load?

Apr 28, 2020
Hello!

I'm not very knowledgeable about CPUs and have a question.

Let's say i7-9700k and i9-9900k were put under the same load (Gaming, Software, etc.). Would the temperature be somewhat the same?
Will the i9-9900k get hotter only when pushed even further than an i7-9700k could go? Or does the i9 just generally produce more heat compared to the i7 under the same load?

I'm thinking about upgrading and considering my cooler (Noctua NH-U14S), I'm not sure what to get. I do gaming, some light video editing (often multitasking) and I'm worried about the CPU temperatures.

Thank you!

I think i9 9900k will only gain few extra heat numbers but cant really say about what cpu will gain less heat during games because everyone has different coolers so there going to be getting different temps! I have the Corsair Hydro Series H100i and it keeps my cpu i9 9900k idle temps between 29-39 and gaming upto 75 but if you buy that cpu and another cooler then your temps might be diffrent but even if you got the same cooler as me the temps wont be the same!. But all i can say with the correct coolers that these two cpus will cool down just fine but i think i9 9900k is abit more in performance and will just gain few extea heat numbers. Anyway my comment might be wrong but that what I think but think both will come close in temps since they are good cpu to game with!

Last edited: