Question I7 9700k with Asus TUF B360 Pro Gaming

Nov 12, 2019
First of all I must say I am not an expert in PC building. Recently I bought an Intel i7 9700k with Asus TUF B360 Pro Gaming motherboard. Recently I heard that even if I don't intend to overclock my CPU this board could limit my stock CPU performance.

I downloaded Cinebench R15 and ran a couple of tests. Multi core test shows good results (from 1520 to 1539 which is similar to posted results online) but what bothers me is single core performance which cant seem to go over 203cb and comparing this result to results online it seems that with this CPU I should be getting at least around 210cb or more. I monitored my CPU temps with HW monitor and my CPU temp never goes over 81C so I don't think heat is an issue.

Could my MBO be the one to blame or is my CPU a faulty one?

P.S. I'm not a native speaker so apologies for my English

Nov 12, 2019
Just tested with Geekenbench 5.0.4 amd here are the results 1297 single core and 7463 multi core performance. And using HWmonitor I see that my max frequency doesn't go above 4691 Mhz. Is that low? Will changing my MBO make a difference?

Nov 12, 2019
Now I am pretty sure that my MBO is a problem and decided to go and buy an Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI. Just wish I had more knowledge of this before. Oh well <Mod Edit> happens. Got to try and sell my Asus B360 board.

Last edited by a moderator: