Question i7 9750h vs desktop cpus

Hi peeps,

Recently got a Lenovo Legion y540 with an i7 9750h & gtx 1660ti.
So far im pretty satisfied with its performance, with a decent undervolt temps seems to stay around the high 70's/ begin 80's.

But I was just wondering how this i7 9750h compares to a desktop cpu as in gaming. For example the ryzen 2600.
Where would this cpu be placed?

Thanks!

The 9750H seems similar to an 8700K (almost) in specs...; although I have doubts as to it being able to hold a similar all-core turbo at 4.3 GHz like a desktop model due to TDP and laptop thermal constraints, it should be quite impressive in gaming, probably matching the 2600 if/when both could ever be given similar mobile GPUs, which is probably unlikely...

Sounds like an impressive laptop, enjoy!

The 9750H seems similar to an 8700K (almost) in specs...; although I have doubts as to it being able to hold a similar all-core turbo at 4.3 GHz like a desktop model due to TDP and laptop thermal constraints, it should be quite impressive in gaming, probably matching the 2600 if/when both could ever be given similar mobile GPUs, which is probably unlikely...

Sounds like an impressive laptop, enjoy!

Yes the laptop is very good so far. Was just wondering how the i7 stacks up, like is for example 4ghz on the laptop i7 the same as 4ghz on the desktop i7, since it is a lower tdp chip.