Cheese-kun

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
So I have come here to consult u guys for advice. Don't worry about the budget too much, and try to stick with the pricings of my current list. I do not live in America btw.
Heres my build list:
i7920
Asus P6T Deluxe V2
EVGA 55nm SC GTX 260
Xigmatek Dark Knight
Xigmatek NRP-MC751 power supply (750W) I do plan on SLI later on. I am assuming 750W is sufficient, prove me right/wrong.
NZXT Tempest

Now my problem is with the cooler, is it good enough to handle ocs such as 4.0 ghz? Or would i need a better one. Ofc, it has to fit in the NZXT Tempest. If someone recommends me a different cooler, please recommend me a power supply along with it, preferably from the same company due to waranty convinience. If anyone knows of a good Asus GTX 260 55nm 216 sp card, please tell me about it. Or would it be better to switch to the EVGA x58 SLI?

Thanks for your input!

EQPlayer

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
Pass on the Xigmatek PSU... go for Silverstone, Corsair, or PC Power and Cooling.

As for the CPU cooler, the Dark Knight is one of the best out there. Not quite as good as a TRUE, but very close.

Cheese-kun

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Yea corsair is actually quite easy to buy around here. And i think ill stick to the dark knight, as it's much smaller than the TRUE and doesnt require lapping.

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008
You didn't say what you will be using this PC for. If this PC is for gaming, you shouldn't be getting an i7 IMO, i7 is only worth it if you want something that can transcode video, photoshop, CAD or stuff like that. Otherwise you will get just as good gaming results going with a Core 2 or Phenom II for much less. Or you can spend the same amount and get much better gaming results than the i7 build.

On the PSU, if you are only going to use 1 GPU, then a Corsair 550vx is enough. If you will SLI later, then go for a 750tx or 850tx.