i7 Intergrated graphics on P9D-M Mobo

Lee Shay

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
Hi Tom's Hardware, I recently purchased a machine from OVH, called MC-32. The specifications go as follows:
Intel i7-4790K
Windows 2012 Server R2
4.0 / 4.4 GHz 32 GB of RAM
DDR3 1333 MHz 2 x240GB SSD SOFT

I spoke to multiple representatives who assured me that "There's no reason I shouldn't be able to utilize the i7's intergrated graphics" up until I made the purchase, and found that my motherboard did not support this feature. I called them up again, and a representative told me that the suggestion of me being able to use the intergrated graphics was no guarantee, and i'm fully responsible to the payment. (a reimbursement is not possible)

I am now $105 short and am wondering if anybody has any idea as to what I can do to enable my onboard graphics? the MoBo DOES seem to support multiple older CPU's with integrated graphics, just not the i7:
https://www.asus.com/Commercial-Servers-Workstations/P9DM/HelpDesk_CPU/

Solution
Now I understand. I read "I recently purchased a machine " in your initial post... therefore the confusion.
Try renting an working machine since this one is not functional.

Lee Shay

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

Would you care to tell me how I may set the bios that way? Neither do I know how to check the BIOS version. It's a 2012 server that I have yet to use before. It appears that it does not support the i7, but the i3

Lee Shay

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

No.. it is a dedicated server I'm currently renting.