I7 Motherboard Overclocking

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Im looking at a i7 920 build, and wondering what Motherboard to OC with... i have a couple, and this will be my first, so i dont want to stuff it up...

Ive read all the forums about 20 times each, so i know what im doing (kinda :S). All i want is a motherboard with:
DUAL PCI-E 2.0
SLI/Crossfire support
~3.8ghz OC capability on air

Ive read the Gigabyte Ex58 Extreme step by step guide, and i figure i could do that easily enough, and the Asus P6T extreme V2 seems alright, tho i want to know whether i can get the same OC without the extra $150 price difference.

Thanks

P.S. when u link a motherboard, could u also try to find a step-by-step OC procedure (if u have the extra time spare :D)

nonxcarbonx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
I've heard gigabyte is a good brand. I have a foxconn renaissance and I would recomend never buying it for overclocking. very bad overclocking options on it...

tcmike

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
asus p6t deluxe v2 is a good choice.. i currently just got my system... 920 is OC'd to about 3.6 ghz (it ran stable at 4 ghz on air.. but didnt want the extra additions to the electric bill since it runs all day ^^ lol) and ive got two gtx 280s OC to 750 CC/ 1800 shader/ 2800 (1400x2) memory..

its nice board... it sure can handle alot more OCing.. but im alrdy pushing.. id suggest the board.. ive known people with gigabyte and i dont ever see them get to what i do without crashing :p

TRENDING THREADS