Question i7 on laptop heating up to 96 degrees Celsius

Jul 22, 2019
I’ve had my gaming laptop for a while now and it’s decently powerful, I play games like DayZ and get >60 FPS with no problems but my cpu temperature always runs hot at around 96 degrees and drops down again really quickly when I minimize the game and go to another app. It also gets this hot when I’m playing games that are older and far less demanding, performance is fine but it’s still running in the 90s and the strange thing is the cpu usage is normally less than 10% when I go to check the temp with the OMEN command center.

Lutfij

Titan
With all that's been said and done on your laptop, you forgot to mention what the make and model of your laptop is...? If it's an HP Omen laptop, mind sharing the model/SKU? Most people would suggest changing the thermal paste to something of higher quality and also looking at the cooling assembly, take note of any dust/dirt/debris in it.

Jul 22, 2019
With all that's been said and done on your laptop, you forgot to mention what the make and model of your laptop is...? If it's an HP Omen laptop, mind sharing the model/SKU? Most people would suggest changing the thermal paste to something of higher quality and also looking at the cooling assembly, take note of any dust/dirt/debris in it.
It’s an HP OMEN 17T gaming laptop
Specs:
• Windows 10 Home 64
• Intel® Core™ i7-8750H (2.2 GHz, up to 4.1 GHz, 9MB cache)
• NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5 dedicated)
• 16GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM; 1TB 7200 rpm SATA; 16GB PCIe® NVMe™ Intel® Optane™