[SOLVED] i7/ryzen 7 or i9/ryzen 9 for streaming

Oct 19, 2020
I want to stream at 1440p and i have a 144hz monitor and plan to get an rtx 3080. Would an i7-10700k/ryzen 7 3700x be enough or should i get an i9-10900k/ryzen 9 3900x?
I'm not sure rn if I want to wait for Zen 3 btw because I've been saving up for a PC for quite some time now and I figured eventually I have to stop wanting the next new thing and just buy it.

Solution
Any of those CPUs will be fine, while playing at 1440p the load goes over the GPU mostly, so the diference between those CPU will be really low.

If you don't wana wait, at least any of the platforms AMD (B550/X570) or Intel (Z490) will allow you to slot in the next gen when they arrive (Ryzen 5000 and intel 11th gen).

If you are using nividias nvenc for streaming, any modern CPU will be enough.
Any of those CPUs will be fine, while playing at 1440p the load goes over the GPU mostly, so the diference between those CPU will be really low.

If you don't wana wait, at least any of the platforms AMD (B550/X570) or Intel (Z490) will allow you to slot in the next gen when they arrive (Ryzen 5000 and intel 11th gen).

If you are using nividias nvenc for streaming, any modern CPU will be enough.

Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
With the price points you are setting yourself up for, I would do the i7 10700K. Should be a solid performer, the chipset is supposedly poised for the next gen Intel. The price points on the new AMD makes them, IMO a bit less attractive as the value proposition they have been.

TRENDING THREADS