Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
I am having a problem with a system I just built. Here is a list of components

i7 920 2.66mhz processor
6gb OCZ memory
Crucial 64gb SSD
Asus P6T mobo
Sony AD-7240S-0B DVD burner

I've made sure all my hardware connections are good.

This is the sequence.

1. I power on the system.

2. Asus mobo window BOIS comes up.

3. A screen that says;

"JMicron Technology Corp. PCIE-to-SATAII/IDE RAID Controller BIOS v1.06.78P
Copyright (C) 2005 JMicron Technology. http://www.jmicron.com

HDD): CRUCIAL_CT64M225 64 GB

Press any key to continue...

(Without hitting any keys or buttons)

4. After that I get a message that says;

"Reboot and select proper boot device
or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

What are some settings to check in the BIOS. All the SATA listings say auto next to them. I have not changed anything except for the time in the BIOS.

Any help would be appreciated!

mbarr69

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008

Tried that with the same results.

mbarr69

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
Let me ask this. I have both the DVD and HD connected to the bright orange SATA connections on the motherboard. Should they both be connected to the same bank of connections or at all? I saw a little sticker on those connections(SATA 0 and 1) and I think it has something on there about RAID. I don't have the board in front of me at the moment and I'm trying to download the manual on a very slow connection at work.ing

mbarr69

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
Moving the connection to the other ports got it working and let me tell you this machine is screaming. I kind of rushed through building this system for my friend. I figured they(the motherboard man.) were helping me out by making the ports to connect your primary and secondary drives to ports 0 and 1 on the orange set but there are other ports labeled 0 and 1. I just over looked them. OOOOPS! My bad. Thanks for your help guys. I feel like an idiot. ; )