i7 with GPU problems

Swagato Dey

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
I am going to be a game designer.
For now I have got two options.
1)Intel Core i7 4770K,MAXIMUS VI HERO and GTX 780TI 2 way SLI
2)Intel Core i7 4930K,RAMPAGE IV BLACK and GTX TITAN BLACK(NO SLI)

because of my budget problem I have to choose one of them. If I choose the second one,then I can buy another TITAN BLACK after 2 years. The question is, can I get a GTX TITAN BLACK will available after 18 months or 24 months.
If that GPU will be available after 2 years then I will be able to another one for GTX TITAN BLACK SLI.

Solution

how serious are you going to be? game designer is much different from "game player".

You should be looking at a serious 8+ cored xeon x2 in a dual socket motherboard with a quatro gpu. But since you say budget is an issue i guess the next best would be getting a 6 core intel-e with hyper-threading and a Titan.

That said the titan/titan black, while having the compute muscle, does not have the driver support to really be an effective industrial rendering card. (and don't get me started on a 780ti... those don't even have the compute power of a r7-270x... nvidia gimped it completely, so it shouldn't even been on your radar)

so are you a game designer or game player? cause a game...

how serious are you going to be? game designer is much different from "game player".

You should be looking at a serious 8+ cored xeon x2 in a dual socket motherboard with a quatro gpu. But since you say budget is an issue i guess the next best would be getting a 6 core intel-e with hyper-threading and a Titan.

That said the titan/titan black, while having the compute muscle, does not have the driver support to really be an effective industrial rendering card. (and don't get me started on a 780ti... those don't even have the compute power of a r7-270x... nvidia gimped it completely, so it shouldn't even been on your radar)

so are you a game designer or game player? cause a game designer wouldn't be looking at gaming parts.

Furthermore... looking at the game market for the next 8 years, both next gen console are AMD based systems top to bottom, so you should be using things like OpenCL, which means you'd be looking at a firepro, not a quatro.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS