Question i7700HQ "performance per watt"

Sep 1, 2019
Here is a rather interesting (at least to me) question. Yesterday I tried running a game on my laptop and after a while an increase in CPU temperature. Some readings were showing degrees in the range of 75-80, yet the fan didn't bother running at higher speed. ( I cleaned my laptop and reapplied paste the other day so this is 1st: more or less out of the equation and 2nd: not the idea of this, maybe unnecessarily long post)
My first approach was to try and increase the fan speed manually but quickly found out that on non-gaming laptops tinkering with the power going into the fans is not really an option. So I decided to lower the power going into the CPU since the game (Thronebreaker, if you were wondering) is not really that CPU intensive. I put the max power going into the processor at 50% and thermals were at around 53C which I think is good enough for a latop.
SKIP TO HERE IF YOU WANT THE TL;DR VERSION. Now I'm wondering if there is a website where I can check the performance of the i7700HQ, but really any CPU at different values of power input, because after an hour of searching I didn't really find anything.

Thanks.

P.S. Also please let me know if effectively power-bottlenecking the CPU is bad practice.