[SOLVED] I7700k Different core ratio overclocking, does it work, if so how?

trigen

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Hi guys

I7700k
Asus strix gaming 270 E

In the interest of having 2 cores higher for gaming im trying to have a 51-51-45-45 core ratio setup. Thing is i cant get it to work, it just run all cores on 45ghz. At least no HW monitors is telling me the first two are on 51. I find this to be a bit odd, why the option for different core speeds if it dont work? Any tips here are greatly appreciated.

Another issue is that in manual voltage mode only asus AI suite shows the correct voltage. Everything else says 1.28 but thats a minor thing

Thanks!

Solution
It is likely a quite rare 7700K that is going to hit/maintain 5.1 GHz on any cores, much less maintain it on 2 cores.......

Problem is, the game and OS are using all cores, so, the 4 core (all cores active) limit applies....

My own 7700K hits 4.7 GHz on all cores (MCE enabled, still on Balanced Power plan, 4.7 GHz selected as 1,2,3, and 4 core max on Intel XTU)with no core voltage increase required (1.26V max), and at about 65C for typcial gaming loads....; I'd start there, likely much more realistic of a goal anyway.
It is likely a quite rare 7700K that is going to hit/maintain 5.1 GHz on any cores, much less maintain it on 2 cores.......

Problem is, the game and OS are using all cores, so, the 4 core (all cores active) limit applies....

My own 7700K hits 4.7 GHz on all cores (MCE enabled, still on Balanced Power plan, 4.7 GHz selected as 1,2,3, and 4 core max on Intel XTU)with no core voltage increase required (1.26V max), and at about 65C for typcial gaming loads....; I'd start there, likely much more realistic of a goal anyway.

Solution
Only a few can run 5.1 GHz just so you know. Most manage 4,7 - 4,9 GHz. Past that it gets hard.
I got lucky after I did spend some time doing research on waffers and what batch that yelded good CPU`s

Question is why do you want that kind of stepping? Why not all cores?