Question I7700K OC HELP

Apr 17, 2019
Hi guys,

i have a i7700k cpu and a H100i cpu cooler.

I have my 7700k OC to 5ghz 1.35v

my temps at 10 percent load are around 55-
My temps on prime 95 full stress are around 80-87

i know this is high i have just recently today used thermal paste again after been recommended to re thermal my cpu and its made a slight difference but do i either tune it down as the H100i may not be able run 5ghz properly or is the H100i potentially faulty?

Any advise would be highly appreciated cheers

Considering the speed and voltage I'd say those temps are normal and acceptable as long as you aren't running at those temps often. Some games have been know to stress the CPU that much, AC Origins was one for me. If Prime95 is the only way you see above 80, then it's nothing to worry about.

Do you use corsair link program to control the fan and pump speed in your cooler?

Als you can try Grizzly Conductonaut liquid metal thermal paste. It has knocked my max temps down from 70c to 62C on hottest game. It is just a little bit harder to apply because it is liquid instead of paste. And it may take you a couple of times to spread it out fully on the surfaces because you have to be careful. But it works the best out of ANY I have tried in 30 years of using thermal paste.

Apr 17, 2019
Do you use corsair link program to control the fan and pump speed in your cooler?

Als you can try Grizzly Conductonaut liquid metal thermal paste. It has knocked my max temps down from 70c to 62C on hottest game. It is just a little bit harder to apply because it is liquid instead of paste. And it may take you a couple of times to spread it out fully on the surfaces because you have to be careful. But it works the best out of ANY I have tried in 30 years of using thermal paste.

I do yes I use that what should my fan and pump be set to?

Another thing is I could try that at some point, are my temps too high then?

Liquid metal should be used with caution. It can react chemically with aluminum coolers and heat blocks. It can also leave discolored stains on your CPU and cooler.

Yeah I freak out when My cpu temps go over 72c. You are dancing on the edge of maintaining too much heat in your cpu. Heat is slow killer of a cpu.
Liquid metal should be used with caution. It can react chemically with aluminum coolers and heat blocks. It can also leave discolored stains on your CPU and cooler.
It wont stain your cpu, its made out of nickel. And the h100i has a copper cooling plate so no worries there.

Yeah I freak out when My cpu temps go over 72c. You are dancing on the edge of maintaining too much heat in your cpu. Heat is slow killer of a cpu.

It wont stain your cpu, its made out of nickel.

My i7-7700K's IHS under-belly says otherwise. It left a residue as well if I remember correctly. Maybe the top-side wont' get as hot and won't leave anything behind. I only used TG Conductonaut between the silicon die and the IHS.

Apr 17, 2019
Cheers for the reply guy appreciate it probably will
Notch it down and get a good temp as I’m wanting to sell this next month and I’d hate to think I’m killing life span of what someone’s gonna buy

Apr 17, 2019

It wont stain your cpu, its made out of nickel. And the h100i has a copper cooling plate so no worries there.

Cheers for the reply guys appreciate it probably will
Notch it down and get a good temp as I’m wanting to sell this next month and I’d hate to think I’m killing life span of what someone’s gonna buy

what version of Prime95 were you running? Only v26.6 is recommended, with small FFTs the default 100% load/defacto standard.... (Prime 95's default settings use 'blended' mode, which gives lower /fluctuating CPU temps, with more RAM transfers, typically)

my own (non-delidded) 7700K does 78C in P95/small FFTs even at 4.7 GHz...(67C gaming load temps)

Apr 17, 2019
what version of Prime95 were you running? Only v26.6 is recommended, with small FFTs the default 100% load/defacto standard.... (Prime 95's default settings use 'blended' mode, which gives lower /fluctuating CPU temps, with more RAM transfers, typically)

my own (non-delidded) 7700K does 78C in P95/small FFTs even at 4.7 GHz...(67C gaming load temps)

Yeah think I’ve been using the wrong one I’ll correctly test it tomorrow when gaming! Cheers